I am a civil engineer qualified in the structural design and sustainable construction using eco-materials such as bamboo, wood, earth, and others with low environmental impact.
I have knowledge and experience in the application of structural engineering principles, structural engineering computer programs and building codes. I am highly motivated and willing to research and take on new challenges, such as the biomimetic and parametric design of organic structures.
On this website I present the projects in which I have participated as an engineer:
15. Loi Bazar, organic shop and mini hostel (Colombia, 12/2018): Design and construction using wood, bamboo and earth.
14. El Elefante, Restaurant (Colombia, 09/2018): Structural reinforcement with steel frames, and waterproofing with tiles.
13. Izakaya, Restaurant (Mexico, 08/2018): Structural design. Space Frame Structures with Bamboo Using Mechanical Connections .
12. Casa del árbol, Building (Colombia, 08/2018): Structural design. Four story building using bamboo Guadua.
11. Luum Temple (Mexico, 03/2018): Structural design of Hyperbolic paraboloids. Laminated Bamboo structure. Link
10. Aurea Structures (France, 09/2017): Partnership agreement. Bamboo Business Plans. Feasibility studies of investments in the Bamboo sector. Link
9. Barichara Houses (Colombia, 07/2017): Structural design. Rammed earth.
8. University of Ancestral Wisdom (Colombia, 05/2017): Structural design of UDSA Library. Bamboo organic structure. Link
7. Chiangmai Life Construction (Thailand, 06/2016): Evaluation and structural analysis of Panyaden School Assembly and Indoor Sports Hall. Bamboo organic structure. Link
6. Workshop (Colombia, 11/2015): Bamboo structures in sustainable construction. Why should we build with bamboo?
5. Mahia, Permacultural Village (Colombia, 10/2015): Structural design of timber and “wattle and daub” houses.
4. Bambuterra (Mexico, 01/2015): Research. Displacement based seismic design method for wood and bamboo structures.
3. National University of Colombia (Colombia, 09/2014): Research. Displacement based seismic design method for wood and laminated Guadua bamboo structures.
2. General Hospital of Medellin (Colombia, 04/2012): Seismic analysis of reinforced concrete structures.
1. Technological University of Antioquia (Colombia, 01/2011): Seismic analysis of concrete and masonry structures.
Send me a message, and I will contact you to arrange a free consultation:
Esteban Morales, Civil Engineer.
Mobile (WhatsApp) : 57 + 310 381 5925